[Cuis] I need an idea. I know you have some. Give.

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 22:18:55 CST 2013

Hi Jerry,

I miss DabbleDB too, in part because it was an obvious goto whenever anyone
would ask me, "so what is Smalltalk good for?"

It would be cool if Twitter open sourced it, but pretty hard to replicate
without being able to poke at the original to see how it would behave.
Dabble did lots of very, very clever things around recognizing patterns in
input, etc.

You're right in that it would potentially have a broader audience than just
the Smalltalk community. It's something I'd love to see, but the bottom
line for me is: I doubt I can replicate it without having a reference point.

But that doesn't necessarily have to mean a full stop. There's a site
called change.org which can be used to at least make the relevant parties
aware that there is a demand. It's kind of like a KickStarter for petitions.

Here's an example:

http://www.change.org/petitions/renew-tron-uprising

I don't think I have Avi's current email address, but if anyone does, it
might make sense to reach out to him as well.

--
Casey Ransberger