[Cuis] Warning: Linux users -- you may not be running the VM you think you are

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sat Nov 2 16:28:43 CDT 2013

On 10/31/2013 6:17 PM, Ken Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:22:47 -0700
> Casey Ransberger<casey.obrien.r at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> This irked me when I was writing the miserable thing. There should be a general facility that can inform a morph about the dimensions of the screen, which can tell that morph that the screen's dimensions have changed, without using stepping.
> Aside from the #screenSizeChanged (or whatever) event, would it make sense to trigger a #morphScaleChanged when a morph is rescaled (e.g. to the taskbar)?
>
> Or would it make more sense to
> 	drawOn: aCanvas withScale: aScale
> as a morph could have multiple views, at different scales?
>
> I favor the latter.
> $0.02,
> -KenD

Hi Ken,

This is the kind of stuff I'd like to make possible in Morphic 3. There
could be various views (Displays) on the same World or subworlds of it.
We need to come up with a design that makes this easy.

Right now, the #drawOn: message doesn't need a scale, because the
coordinate transformation from the Morph's to Display's is built into
the Canvas. Please take a look at ivars transformations,
currentTransformation, and cti in FormCanvas. (This was the hardest part
of making each morph have its own coordinate system, as it is right now
in Cuis, even if scaling doesn't work properly yet).

Maybe a good solution would be to have different Canvases for each display.