[Cuis] Warning: Linux users -- you may not be running the VM you think you are

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Oct 30 18:05:45 CDT 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:22:47 -0700
Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> This irked me when I was writing the miserable thing. There should be a general facility that can inform a morph about the dimensions of the screen, which can tell that morph that the screen's dimensions have changed, without using stepping.

Two facilities: startUp & shutDown are sent when the image is restored / saved.

For screen size changes, we should make use of the event system.  E.g  Utilities class>>startUp registers for events.

Perhaps DisplayScreen>>setExtent:depth: could "triggerEvent: #screenSizeUpdate" or some such.

$0.02,
-KenD