[Cuis] Has anyone taken a look at porting Seaside yet?

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 20:49:15 CDT 2013

Juan and I have talked about it before. I looked at it. We'd love to have
Seaside working in Cuis, but it's *not* a small job. It's a real *big* job.

But that was back when there were only two of us. If the group here really
pulled together, we might be able to get it done in a reasonable amount of
time.

One resource that could help (and also be greatly expanded in the process)
is the Pharo compatibility layer that German has been tinkering with.

If I was going to attack the problem of supporting Seaside, I'd start with
getting Sport and Grease working reliably, and bake whatever was needed to
make these two happy into German's compat layer. Since Seaside depends on
these two packages, we're going to have to make them work anyway.

I'd advise against attempting to fork it. You may as well fork a white
whale. You'll end up chasing the thing around for the rest of your life:)

Is anyone here active on the Seaside list? We'd almost certainly need
*someone* to be there (and probably at least one head paying attention to
the Pharo list) in order to succeed.