[Cuis] Explicit status of packages (was Re: A question on packages)

Ken Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Jun 29 09:38:58 CDT 2014

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 22:19:03 -0700
Casey Ransberger <casey.obrien.r at gmail.com> wrote:

> (I'm thinking a dialog pops and says
> something like "The package you want to install requires Cuis version X,
> but you're running Cuis version X-1. Continuing may hose your image. [OK,
> Hose It] [No, Abort Mission].")

Cuis has this already.

One of the choices in the Installed Packages browser's Add Requirement menu is Cuis-Base.  This adds a requirement for the current Cuis image version.

As you missed it, could you suggest a better naming convention?

I also think doing a nicer job of telling the user that a required package is unavailable is useful.

Feel free to sketch something out.  My time is way over-booked at present.. :^|

-KenD