[Cuis] Morphic 3 sneak preview

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Sep 16 09:45:10 CDT 2014

Thank you all folks for the warm reception.

If any of you want to help, there are two things that are really needed
and that don't need diving too deep in the code.

One is to complete the drawing of the character glyphs. Right now, we
have the lower half, i.e. characters from 33 to 127. We need the upper
part, using ISO 8859-15, the same glyphs as in Cuis, but in vector form.
I'm following http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_lettering teaking
it a bit sometimes. See the attach, install it, and start having fun.
Some glyphs are easy. For $á, just copy $a and add the acute accent,
etc. Some curves might be more challenging. Leave them for later.

The other one is vector version of the window decorations and such
icons. See method category 'drawing-icons' in Morphic3Canvas. All I did
is to copy the glyph for $d, to have it barely working. Something better
is needed, with nice looking colors, etc. You can call the methods in
'trajectories - morph coordinates'.

You might find rough edges and bugs. Please report them! Send your code
back to the list. Open a Change Sorter and file out
'UnsavedChangesTo-Morphic3' and send it as an attach.

Also, feel free to dig anywhere in the code, play with the examples,
etc. Please report suggestions, enhancements, bug reports, etc.

Thanks in advance.