[Cuis] Layout/LayoutSpec Editors [WAS: Newbie question]

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Apr 2 16:38:04 CDT 2015

On Thu, 02 Apr 2015 13:50:29 -0400
"Dan Norton" <dnorton at mindspring.com> wrote:

> I tried installing on Cuis 4.2-2203 rather than 2198 per the ReadMe because that's what was
> handy. This is on a PC running 'Doze 7. Trying to use the ReadMe to install was not
> successful. However, from File List I did install the package.

If the Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic-Misc1 directory is a sibling of Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev, doIt on
	Feature require: #'Morphic-Misc1'.
should have found the package.

> Not sure what you mean by option-click but button3 and cmd-button3 do the same thing:
> bring up the halos.

I am using Linux.  The option keys differ.

> The menu has your items at the end.

Good.

> Tried edit Layout on LayoutMorph example2. Changed from row to column, clicked update
> and the change took place but the editor quit.

Right.  The current design is a one-shot pop-up editor.  Just a single cancel or update.  I'll have to change the code to add a 'push-pin'.

You are the first person to request this.

> Could the way I installed cause this behavior? This has real potential and I'd like to see it
> working better.

Nope.  One-shot by design.  I'll try to get to it soon.

Thanks for the feedback,
-KenD