[Cuis] mouseButton2Up:localPosition:

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Apr 24 05:58:51 CDT 2015

On 4/23/2015 8:13 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
> > In the message:
> >     mouseButton2Up: aMouseButtonEvent localPosition:
> > localEventPosition
> >
> > the parameter 'localEventPosition' is a point in a
> > PasteUpMorph(hash) [world] instead of being
> > relative to the morph where the click was done.
>
> The above method was employed to show a pop-up menu which appeared
> relative to World (incorrect). If #mouseButton2Activity is used
> instead of the above method, it will appear in the right place -
> relative to the morph where the click was done, instead of relative to
> World.

Hi Dan,

I'm having trouble to understand what you say.

So, I created a new Morph class, and defined

     handlesMouseDown: aMouseButtonEvent
         ^true

and

     mouseButton2Up: aMouseButtonEvent localPosition: localEventPosition
         localEventPosition print

I right click on the morph and the localEventPosition shown in the
Transcript is indeed local to the morph.

May I ask you to report bugs in a style like this? I mean, a clear
statement on what's happening and what's the problem, and instructions
detailed enough to reproduce it.

I can't understand what you are specifically referring to when you say
"The above method was employed to show a pop-up menu which appeared
relative to World (incorrect). If #mouseButton2Activity is used instead
of the above method, it will appear in the right place - relative to the
morph where the click was done, instead of relative to World."

Thanks,