[Cuis] WindowTitleMorph testing help request

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Apr 29 09:36:56 CDT 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 10:28:41 -0300
Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org> wrote:
..
> Using submorphs for the window title means a larger amount of simpler
> morphs. Not sure of the advantages. Layout add most value when they can
> recompute position or extent as needed. But if position and extent will
> never change, is there much advantage over hardcoding them?

Just an experiment.

I find changing things deepens my understanding of the code.  Successful changes mean that I am really understanding things.

Also, I like to try out alternatives from time to time to see what might be simpler.

I don't have the deep head to envision things ahead of time, so I tinker.  That is just how I do it.

> BTW, what's the problem with #drawLabelOn: ? You think titles should
> look the same in all themes? Or a better way to structure that code?

Again, just trying to simplify code -- not sure this qualifies.

One of the great things with Cuis is that Cuis is of a scale which allows folks like myself to try things out.

Given my relative lack of experience with Smalltalk development, the only way I have of measuring the usefulness of my experiments is to put out code as a conversation  with the community.

Saying a particular experiment sucks or has poor esthetics or utility is fine feedback.  No worries.

But hey, I like to tinker,  And doing so in Cuis is a joy of life!

Thank you once again for Cuis!

-KenD