[Cuis] New updates: Mathematical symbols in Smalltalk code

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 09:06:06 CST 2015

Wow, excellent!!!! Can't wait to use math symbols it in my code!!!

I can already start using these symbols in my printOns for direct products
and sums of algebraic structures, for example, and for the complex numbers,
rational numbers, integers, etc, and when we have subscripts and
superscripts polynomials will look great too.

Using some of the symbols as binary operators will be nice too,  I guess
we'll figure out which ones are best suited for binary selector use, and if
we're missing any. In particular, I think I didn't see the "belongs" symbol
(kind of epsilon-looking), which I wanted to implement in Object as '^
aCollection includes: self'.
Haha, recently I've been looking at APL ;)

I've been thinking how to input them, tho. There isn't any easy way to type
these special symbols, right? I was thinking on something like CTRL-\
followed by the name of the symbol and ENTER or SPACE, where the names are
simple and preferably matching TeX, for example \oplus \otimes \bullet
\circ \div..

I'm going to update right now, awesome, thanks again!
Luciano