[Cuis] Canonical test cases?

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Feb 23 09:53:40 CST 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015 08:38:44 +0000
"H. Hirzel" <hannes.hirzel at gmail.com> wrote:

> As Casey writes "The hard part is time and energy to do so."
>
> So what can be done with minimal effort and big impact?

Looking around, I see that I could make some simple naming changes for test cases.

E.g in package Crypto-Nacl there are test cases (class NaclTests)
  testExampleHighlevel -> testNaclHiglLevelAPI
  textExampleLowLevel -> testNaclLowLevelAPI

We could use other words, but API is shorter than Usage, Example, Interface.

Having specific test names end in 'API' would clue me in.

Adding 'Nacl' means I can use the existing message finder to search for 'api' and note testNacl*API methods.  This lets me find API tests specific to Nacl.

And we can do this as I get the chance.

Other suggestions?
--
-KenD