[Cuis] Canonical test cases?

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 26 16:26:04 CST 2015

On 26 Feb 2015 at 11:19, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> On 2/25/2015 2:36 PM, Dan Norton wrote:
(snip)

> It just so happens that I've been looking at porting the terse guide
> from Squeak and that
> effort may have some bearing on the above. The Squeak terse guide
> brings with it the
> help manager and therefore a lot of stuff requiring rewrites.
> However, a much lighter
> weight and more readable version can be had by using the existing
> facilities of Cuis.
> What you see when you open a topic is code which has the same
> appearance as in a
> browser. I'm still wrangling a UI for it, but as it stands you can
> do:
>     TerseGuideHelp display: #<topic>
> to see a Workspace with the text presented by SmalltalkEditor.
> <topic> is from #pages in
> the Squeak guide.
>
> - Dan Norton
>
> Please share this even if incomplete. If you need help with the GUI
> or anything, ask for it.

OK it's on the way, warts and all. It was a pleasure to watch non-essential things fall away as
this was ported. That is due to the elegance of Cuis.

I'm trying to have text pane contents appear the same as they do in a Workspace. The editor
for the text pane is SmalltalkEditor but the effect is TextEditor. Any help would be
appreciated.