[Cuis] Canonical test cases?

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Feb 25 23:46:23 CST 2015

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 15:32:39 -0500
"Phil (list)" <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the things I can do to help is to generate some test cases for
> things I'm having to fix in my code where it seems like there should be
> a standard API and then you would be able to look at and say 'yes, that
> looks right' or 'no... here's how it should be done instead' and the
> result could live on in the tests so that hopefully that particular
> issue wouldn't occur again in future releases.

This works for algorithmic things.

A pattern for visual aspects of Morphs is an 'examples' category, typically on the class side, with message names including 'example'.  Slightly different usage.

I keep thinking of an "Exploring Cuis" kind of tutorial which investigates in brief how things are put together.  Hence my Morphic-Misc1 pack which includes, e.g. a  LayoutMorphEditPanel and LayoutSpecEditPanel, so one can select a morph and edit its Layout properties from the Morph's menu to play with and see how layout works.

It would be cool to do this in StyledTextEditor.

If only we had 72 hour days!  ;^)

-KenD