[Cuis] Moving In a Package

Dan dnorton at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 17 19:36:27 CST 2015

On 17 Jan 2015 at 9:13, Juan Vuletich wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> On 15/01/2015 05:36 p.m., Dan wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > What is the best way to load or install a Monticello package
> (.mcz) on Cuis.
> > I know changes will be required in order for it to run (Morph
> layouts, Filestreams, ;cr to
> > mention a few) but I want to use this as a means of learning
> Cuis.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >   - Dan
>
> Welcome!
>
> Package Compression.pck.st includes support for .mcz, letting you
> treat
> them as changesets.

Very good. I have been filing in changesets for several days but raised the debugger with the
first one. The chunk was a string of stuff that was not in my changeset. Other changesets
loaded OK but that first one consistently choked on that same chunk. Finally, after putting
halts in various places I put one at the top of the method. When it stopped there, I hit the
Proceed button and the changeset was loaded without complaint. I've moved on, what more
can I tell you?

> Alternatively, you can add the .zip extension to any .mcz, end
> extract
> with any program that handles .zip files. Inside, besides some extra
> stuff, you'll find a .st file with all the code.

That's interesting. I'll try that.

> Finally, you can also use Squeak to save the code as a fileOut.

Best regards,
Dan Norton