[Cuis] DIRECT version number

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jul 17 08:03:16 CDT 2015

(cc the mail list)

Yes, we could do it. I kinda stopped doing "releases" because with a
constantly updating GitHub repo, each commit can be considered a "release".

So, the question is,
What is a release? How is it different from a GitHub commit?
What is the value of a release?

Maybe it is just about following a tradition (from the time of diskettes
and CD Rom). Or maybe it is about crating echos in other places (tweets,
blogs, etc)...

What do others think?