[Cuis] Status of Morphic?

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:30:01 CDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-07-01 at 22:20 +0200, Peter van Rooijen wrote:
> Not sure if this is related but InspectorWindow does not cut
> off the text in the title bar of the window eagerly enough.

That's exactly the issue I'm referring to (though it is larger in scope
than just title bars.)

> Take an inspector whose title is too long for the window
> and see how the text is cut off mid-character at the right
> border of the window. Move the window around and it leaves
> a trail, exactly where the character pixels touch the side.

Yup.

> BTW, the devoweling of inspector titles I strongly dislike.
> If that could be taken out, great. Or perhaps someone has
> real good use for that?

I'm not wild about it either but in many cases I think it is probably
better than just truncating the string.  I think that's one of those
things where a better approach would be nice but so far no one has come
up with one...