[Cuis] Fixed-Width Font

Dan Norton dnorton at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 10 09:20:45 CDT 2015

On 9 Jul 2015 at 19:11, Casey Ransberger wrote:

> I want this too. What needs to be done is to make a StrikeFont,
> IIRC. I didn't get a round toit. If anyone has an extra round toit
> that I can borrow, I'd be very appreciative.

Thought I had one... must be around here somewhere... :(

> Anyway I think if you look around at the class StrikeFont, you'll
> find a trailhead or rabbit hole that you can follow toward how to
> #doIt.

Browsing through strike fonts, I see no fixed widths. But, true type fonts have a few
fixed-width examples. There seems to be no way to install a .ttf in Cuis currently.

Can we port TrueType-Support from Squeak?

Should there be a sibling of StrikeFont, say TrueTypeFont, which inherits from AbstractFont?

Any hints or guidance would be most welcomed.