[Cuis] Updates

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:20:51 CDT 2015

Juan,

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 08:56 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> On 6/10/2015 12:09 PM, Phil (list) wrote:
> >
> > Excellent.  I can update the ApiFile tests to use FileMan... should they
> > stay in the Tests-Files category or move to Tests-FileMan? (if FileMan
> > is our new default, I'd think it would make sense to move the FileMan
> > tests to Tests-Files rather than the other way around, but wasn't sure
> > what your thoughts were)
>
> I have no preference. Do as you prefer.

OK, I'll keep it in Tests-File.  However, after looking at it I realized
I'll have to wait until you've integrated it into the core as those
tests depend on FileStream using FileMan.  And given what a mess I just
made trying to get the parts I could converted, I need to spend more
time understanding how to map FD/DE to FS before going any further.

> > Also, do the latest commits include a means to
> > remove the existing FileDirectory/DirectoryEntry code to make sure we've
> > gotten everything?
> >

> Well, not yet. I just integrated the code, but the rest of the base
> image is still not using it. So yes, you can complain that I added
> unused bloat :) . We'd start migrating the API users, and when we are
> done, move FileDirectory/DirectoryEntry to SqueakCompatibility.pck.st,
> and call it Cuis 5.0.

Fair enough re: not having gotten to it.  It's not a big deal since
we'll eventually have the ability to load it back in until we get our
code migrated.  We'll forgive you the bloat this one time :-)

Thanks,
Phil