[Cuis] Overriding the text styler

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:23:34 CDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-23 at 10:18 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> On 6/22/2015 9:13 PM, Phil (list) wrote:
> > Juan,
> >
> > I saw the changes you committed over the weekend and pulled down the
> > latest to have a spin.  The textStylerClass approach addresses the
> > dynamic styler use case nicely.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Phil
>
> Yes. I was a bit busy and couldn't comment on this, but yes. Now we can
> have specific text stylers and autocompleters. I played a bit with
> OMeta2 and it seems to work ok. The remaining issue is that it is class
> based. For classes that have both OMeta and Smalltalk methods, we always
> use the OMeta styler... Is there a way for the compiled method to know
> if it is in Smalltalk or in OMeta? If the answer is yes, then this can
> also be fixed.

I think class-based is perfect and it has been working as expected for
every scenario I've thought of so far.  I didn't mention the hybrid
OMeta/Smalltalk case as I viewed that as being an issue for OMeta (or
whatever other language one was implementing) to deal with as that's no
different than the case of having to compile a Smalltalk method in an
otherwise OMeta class which OMeta also has to deal with.  I've pushed
out a new update which includes an updated OMeta2Extensions which
supports the new approach as well as better handling Smalltalk methods.
It's not done yet: the first time it sees a Smalltalk method in an OMeta
class it won't be formatted correctly but that's a bug to be fixed on my
end.