[Cuis] Status of Unicode support?

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jun 24 07:55:00 CDT 2015

Hi Phil,

On 6/23/2015 10:25 PM, Phil (list) wrote:
> I should probably clarify what I'm looking for: is it possible to use
> Unicode characters in the code editors (i.e. method source code)?

I haven't worked on this, maybe others (Ken?) can comment.

In any case, if the mathematical symbols you want to use are not too
many, I would hijack some of codes in the 128 to 255 range. According to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-15 , there are 33 unused code
points, from 16r7F to 16r9F. Some of them are used by Cuis to store
alternate glyphs for $^ and $_ , and original (small) $, $. $; $: but
you can use them anyway if needed.

Or you can also completely ignore ISO 8859-15, just keep the ASCII part,
and use the 16r80 to 16rFF range at will. You can prepare a new font
family, by copying Bitmap DejaVu, and add the glyps you need.

If you want to be able to save and read proper Unicode files with the
correct code points for these glyps (to be able to edit them outside
Cuis), we'd need a kind of TextConverter, something akin to
#iso8859s15CodeForUnicodeCodePoint: .