[Cuis] A few proposed is: additions

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 13:39:19 CDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-03-10 at 10:49 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> On 3/10/2015 2:00 AM, Phil (list) wrote:
> > Juan,
> >
> > I just wanted to touch base on some changes we discussed a while back
> > related to #is: / protocols.  I was wondering if this got lost in the
> > shuffle or if you decided against doing it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Phil
>
> This was loaded as #1313 in June 2012. But the idea didn't really catch
> on, and nobody worked on unifying the concept of 'protocols' all over
> the system. This was needed, as the aim for Cuis is to try to be
> consistent, and use few concepts system wide.
>
> I removed it in #1629 on March 2013, as the advantages were not really
> exercised, and it added complexity that didn't seem worth it.
>
> But we can reopen discussion, if you want.

Well that's a bummer and unfortunately I've been running with it in 4.0
since we discussed it so obviously I wasn't active in submitting
changes.  It's something I really want but if it's not something others
see the value of I won't push for it in core.  It seemed like a logical
fit for use with #is: but I can always just implement it using a
different method for my code.