[Cuis] Newbie question

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:47:04 CDT 2015

On Sat, 2015-03-28 at 13:50 -0400, Hari Balaraman wrote:
> Gentlemen,
>
> I’ve been doing the following:
>

> Create a SystemWindow.
> Add a ScrollPane to the SystemWindow.
> Add a DragAndDropAreaMorph to the ScrollPane.
>

> with the intention that as I add morphs to the DragAndDropAreaMorph
> and space them appropriately the SystemWindow can be scrolled up and
> down to reveal the different parts on display.
>

> What I find is that if I enlarge the SystemWindow I can see the
> EllipseMorph but I’m not sure how to set it up so that the scrollbars
> appear to be able to scroll down to see the EllipseMorph.
>

> Any comments much appreciated!
>

> I’ve been looking up Squeak/Pharo/Cuis documentation on using layouts
> (which may be the issue) but have made little headway.
>

> Attached image illustrating the above.
>

> Best regards,

I haven't played around with scrollbars in Squeak / Cuis yet, but in
many (most?) GUIs its up to your code to maintain the illusion of
position in the virtual space inside the scrolling area. (i.e. scrollbar
position, size, and actually drawing the visible portion of the view is
up to you to manage)