[Cuis] Newbie question

Ken.Dickey Ken.Dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Mar 28 21:26:05 CDT 2015

On Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:47:04 -0400
"Phil (list)" <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I’ve been looking up Squeak/Pharo/Cuis documentation on using layouts
> > (which may be the issue) but have made little headway.

Cuis layouts are different from Squeak or Pharo.  Given the changes going on, many things require some code reading and playing around.

To understand Layouts and LayoutSpecs, I did simple editors for them.  They are located in the Morphic-Misc1 package at:
  https://github.com/KenDickey/Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphic-Misc1

>From the readme:
"
After loading this package, one can select a morph, open its menu from the halo, and edit its LayoutSpec.
If the morph is a LayoutMorph, one can also open an editor for the LayoutMorph from the halo menu.
"

Inspecting the window submorphs should help as well.

Cheers,
-KenD