[Cuis] Xtreams , Ometa and related

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed May 20 16:01:45 CDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 4:12 pm, Phil (list) wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 15:33 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
>
>> Hi Phil,
>>

>> On Wed, May 20, 2015 2:26 pm, Phil (list) wrote:
>>
>>> Juan,

>>> This is fantastic news!  I tried the changesets against 2330 but
>>> there still appear to be some direct calls left (around 2 dozen...
>>> filein failed on PositionableStream #fileInAnnouncing:)  I *believe*
>>> pretty much every reference to Compiler needs to be replaced with
>>> compilerClass for class of the method being compiled/compiled for
>>> (i.e. the caller).

>>> Thanks,
>>> Phil
>>>

>> I did as follow:
>> 1) start Cuis 2330
>> 2) Open file list
>> 3) click on 2331
>> 4) click on [install]
>> 5) click on 2332
>> 6) click on [install]
>> and got no error messages. Please detail what you did, and what error
>> you get.
>>

> 1) perform the steps above
> 2) pull down the OMeta*.st files from my repo
> (https://github.com/pbella/Cuis-Ports)
> 3) filein in sequence.  You should see the error on OMeta2-stage2b.st.

Ok. That file contains a line that reads:

]style[(6 41 26 95 56 16 27 17
257)bcblack;,cblack;,f0,cblack;,f0cblack;,f0,f0cblack;,f0,f0cblack;!

This is the Squeak syntax for embedding text styles in code. Cuis does not
support this. If I remove this line and try again, I get a compilation
error from OMeta2Compiler... This is in your side now.

I'm willing to help, but I'm not learning about OMeta, at least not now.
So, what I need to be able to further help you is report like "on input
xxxx, Squeak compiler has behavior yyyy that is ok, and Cuis has behavior
zzzz that is wrong" or something like that.