[Cuis] Xtreams , Ometa and related

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed May 20 16:19:46 CDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 18:01 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 4:12 pm, Phil (list) wrote:
> > On Wed, 2015-05-20 at 15:33 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Phil,

> >> I did as follow:
> >> 1) start Cuis 2330
> >> 2) Open file list
> >> 3) click on 2331
> >> 4) click on [install]
> >> 5) click on 2332
> >> 6) click on [install]
> >> and got no error messages. Please detail what you did, and what error
> >> you get.
> >>

> > 1) perform the steps above
> > 2) pull down the OMeta*.st files from my repo
> > (https://github.com/pbella/Cuis-Ports)
> > 3) filein in sequence.  You should see the error on OMeta2-stage2b.st.
>
> Ok. That file contains a line that reads:
>
> ]style[(6 41 26 95 56 16 27 17
> 257)bcblack;,cblack;,f0,cblack;,f0cblack;,f0,f0cblack;,f0,f0cblack;!
>
> This is the Squeak syntax for embedding text styles in code. Cuis does not
> support this. If I remove this line and try again, I get a compilation
> error from OMeta2Compiler... This is in your side now.

Sorry, my mistake... I saw which compiler was being used and incorrectly
jumped to a conclusion.  The version I had used until yesterday didn't
have this line.  (I tossed my most recent version of OMeta since I
couldn't remember where I left off and am starting from an older,
cleaner version of the code which didn't even properly load into Cuis 2
on the first couple of attempts)  So this code has barely been touched
in 3+ years and I've got some work to do.  The good news is I have an
old working image to compare against so this should go quickly.

> I'm willing to help, but I'm not learning about OMeta, at least not now.
> So, what I need to be able to further help you is report like "on input
> xxxx, Squeak compiler has behavior yyyy that is ok, and Cuis has behavior
> zzzz that is wrong" or something like that.

Quite reasonable.  No reason you should need to, unless you want to for
your own purposes at some point.

Thanks again,
Phil