[Cuis] Una cosa más

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Sat May 23 09:45:31 CDT 2015

Hi Casey!

Yes, was a mistake from my part. It's a mail related to my current job.

All fine here, working as usual, and yes, working in a new project, mix of
hardware and software, related with UAV's (aka drones) to make aerial
photography and image processing mainly for agricultural industry.

I wrote an initial prototype for such project in php, but only for hosting
considerations, but I hope to move to Smalltalk soon.

Thanks for your comments about my ports, yes, was a funny time, but now I
do not have almost nothing of free time. Anyway I follow Cuis (I read the
list and speak with Juan from time to time) and I have some little tools
for my business running in Cuis.

Currently, for the drones project, I would like to develop the main web app
with Cuis, but a lot of tools would be needed. As a start I talked a bit
with Hernán Morales Durand (the current maintainer of Iliad) to evaluate
the possibilities of a port.

As an initial step I started evaluating the state of Komanche in Cuis (My
initial port is outdated) and I'm playing a bit with the current Kom
versión, but I'm investing really little time on it.

If I could have it working well in Cuis, might be Hernán get motivated to
help in the Iliad port (this involves also the Grease port).

I read your mail in the other thread about the minimalism sentence and I
like it also, and also the metaphor of the new home (BTW in what city/state
do you live?)

I agree with your comment about Cuis....but the main problem that I see to
use Cuis professionaly (to me at least) is the big amount of work needed to
have frameworks ported/developed here.

If we can help grow our little community may be we can catch such goal.

Again thanks for your mail and see you soon!

--
Saludos / Regards,
Germán Arduino