[Cuis] Porting BoucingAtomsMorph to Cuis

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue Apr 22 11:14:56 CDT 2014

Hi Nacho,

On 20/04/2014 12:27 p.m., Ignacio Sniechowski wrote:
> Juan,
> I use that a lot, and the little I have advanced in understanding
> Morphic comes basically from that, and taking a look at others'
> examples. I know that to have something writen is the easy way and I
> guess that in the case of Cuis could make a lot of sense. Why?
> Basically because of the fundamental reason I chose Cuis over other
> Smalltalks: The core of the image is very stable and shouldn't change
> that much over time.

Sure, agreed.

> I've also use a lot Squeak, there's a lot of Morphic stuff written for
> it, but some of the stuff is very "version specific".
>
> As I advance -little steps of course- I build little demos to test and
> try code (I even maintain them in a .pck.st <http://pck.st>). But
> there are times when I get stuck.
> Again, in no way I'm not getting my hands dirty at trying, examining,
> changing and trying to figure out. For instance yesterday I spent
> nearly two hours reverse-engineering how the FileListBrowser is built.
> I learn a lot, but I'm far from fully understand it.

When that happens, you can ask here for specifics. Maybe someone can
help, and I'm sure useful discussion will arise.

> Also, don't get me wrong, when I said "...so poorly documented" I was
> not saying it in the context of Cuis only, more in general.

I know. In any case, criticizing is totally ok. There are tons of things
to work on and enhance in Cuis. Documentation and communication (like,
PR) are really unattended and needed.