[Cuis] Updates

Phil (list) pbpublist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:09:44 CDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 09:40 -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I did a new commit/push to github.
>
> Biggest news is that I integrated Masashi Umezawa's FileMan into Cuis
> base image. The objective is to replace the FileDirectory and
> DirectoryEntry hierarchies with a simpler and more consistent API. Tests
> are in the Tests.pck.st package. I added a few new tests, and tweaks to
> the code to make them pass. Check the changesets and tests if you're
> intetested (feedback very welcome). You can nos start updating your
> code. After all users in the image and packages are updated, we'll
> remove the old API (or move it to SqueakCompatibility.pck.st), and name
> the result Cuis 5.0. Thanks Masashi-san!

Excellent.  I can update the ApiFile tests to use FileMan... should they
stay in the Tests-Files category or move to Tests-FileMan? (if FileMan
is our new default, I'd think it would make sense to move the FileMan
tests to Tests-Files rather than the other way around, but wasn't sure
what your thoughts were)  Also, do the latest commits include a means to
remove the existing FileDirectory/DirectoryEntry code to make sure we've
gotten everything?